Are you looking for an easy and versatile dinner idea? I’ve got you covered.
Sheet pan nachos are the way to go. This recipe can be customized to your liking. Just use what you have in your fridge. For the protein I decided to use some carnitas because I had pre-cooked and frozen them a few weeks before. It’s always a good idea to have pre-cooked meat in your freezer. Preparing dinner on a busy night is much easier when the meat is already cooked!
This meal was a huge hit in my house. Nachos are always a good idea and these are a nice change from regular nachos. You can eat these right from the sheet pan if you’d like. The upside is that there are no extra dishes which is always a nice bonus. These sheet pan nachos would be a great addition to a party table and they could not be easier to make.
Here is what you’ll need
1 cup fully cooked carnitas
1 cup shredded cheese
About 1/2 regular size bag of tortilla chips
1/2 cup black beans
-Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil
-Place a single layer of chips down
-Sprinkle half of the black beans over the chips
-Sprinkle half of the carnitas over the chips
-Add 1/3 of the cheese over the chips
-Add a second layer of chips and try to cover the first layer completely
-Top with the rest of the black beans, carnitas and the cheese
-Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. Here you are just melting the cheese and heating up the rest of the ingredients.
-Remove from the oven and add the toppings
That’s it! I told you it was simple. This dish is not only delicious, it is a money saver. I was able to make a small amount of meat, beans and cheese stretch into a large meal with this dish.
I hope you enjoyed these sheet pan nachos. As I mentioned before this meal is very versatile therefore you can easily swap out the protein or the type of beans. After that you can also use your favorite nacho toppings to make this dish your own. Pico de Gallo, fresh jalapeño, green onion or chopped lettuce are all great additions.
If you enjoyed this sheet pan nachos recipe please share it to Pinterest!
- 1 cup fully cooked carnitas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 regular size bag of tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup black beans
- tomato (diced)
- onion (diced)
- sour cream
- pickled jalapeños
1. Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil
2. Place a single layer of chips down. Try to cover the sheet pan as much as possible
3. Sprinkle half of the black beans over the chips
4. Sprinkle half of the carnitas over the chips
5. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the chips
6. Add a second layer of chips and try to cover the first layer completely
7. Top with the rest of the black beans, carnitas & cheese
8. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. You just need to melt the cheese and heat up the rest of the ingredients since everything is already cooked
9. Remove from the oven and add the toppings
If you’d like to check out my YouTube channel click HERE
For my most recent blog post click HERE